This accessibility statement applies to www.lovebasingstoke.co.uk.
This website is run by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- the text will reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- Google Translate will no longer work if you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, please try Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or another browser to translate any of our webpages.
Please also refer to the non-compliance section below.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Information about this website’s accessibility
Love Basingstoke is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- WCAG 2.1 A F87 Section 508 (2017) A F87
Not all of the content is readable by some screen readers if you are using Internet Explorer 11 as your browser, please try Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or another browser.
There are no plans to resolve this non-compliance as Internet Explorer is “end of life” so the effort to resolve this is disproportionate to the benefit.
- WCAG 2.1 G200
Some external links that open in a new browser tab do not have warnings before opening a new browser tab. These may be found within the long-form body text for some pages.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2022. It was last reviewed on 22 September 2022.
This website was last tested on 22 September 2022. The test was carried out by Designlab Limited.