You can begin your walk at Whitchurch Station or Whitchurch Silk Mill, or you can walk the trail in reverse, starting at Laverstoke. The full seven-mile walk takes you along the upper reaches of the River Test passing five different historic mills. Short cuts create walks or either 2, 3.5 or 4.5 miles. There are interpretation panels located at key points along the trail pointing out features of interest.
Why we love it:
- This is the only leafleted walk telling the story of the surviving watermills on the upper reaches of the River Test.
- There are waymarks along the route to help guide you the right way.
- Plenty of choice in Whitchurch if you want to grab a drink or bite to eat.
- Short cut walks mean you can tailor the walk to the time you have.
- You can take the Stagecoach Bus no. 76 from the bus station to Whitchurch Town Centre.