Marking the conclusion of Basingstoke and Deane Business Festival, business leaders from across the borough gathered at a symposium to discuss the current state and future hopes and ambitions for the area.
About the Basingstoke and Deane Business Festival
The festival formed part of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council’s Economic Recovery Framework to support businesses as they recover from the pandemic. Funded by the council, supported by Business South and Evolve it ran over two phases in the summer and autumn of 2022 and saw more than 100 businesses attend ten events.
About the symposium
The symposium brought together five sectors from Basingstoke and Deane, with a
spokesperson for each:
• Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction - Gary Livingstone, MD at LG Motion Ltd
• Professional Services - Jack Gardener, Partner at Phillips Law
• Creative and Digital - Polly Buckland, MD at The Typeface Group
• People and Skills - Sally-Ann Hall-Jones, CEO at Reality HR
• Science and Technology - Steve Hathaway, Founder at Dijital Technologies Ltd
Each sector came together as a group to discuss the strengths, weaknesses, threats
and opportunities of their respective sectors.
Read the results of the discussions can be read in the symposium summary.