Situated on 60 acres of land near the town centre and owned freehold by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, this site offers a range of investment and development opportunities as part of a recently adopted masterplan.
The council is looking for private sector partners and leisure providers to take up development opportunities and add exciting new facilities and uses to the existing leisure offer, which includes:
- iFly Indoor Skydiving - host to the British Indoor Skydiving Nationals
- Milestones Museum - an award-winning modern living history museum with more than 20,000 objects
- Planet Ice rink - a new sponsorship agreement with the English Ice Hockey Association and the NIHL will see the brand be known as the Planet Ice National Ice Hockey League
- Odeon Cinema - a 10 screen cinema complex showing the latest cinema releases with both 2D and 3D format
- Aquadrome - A council-led opportunity to re-develop a modern health and fitness facility, including a larger competition swimming pool, learner pool and leisure pool, modern fitness suite, exercise studios, a spinning studio, a multi-level soft play zone and indoor adventure climbing, designed to attract users from across the region
- Various restaurants and take-aways
- Hollywood Bowl - bowling alley
- Buzz Bingo – bingo club
Negotiations are also currently underway with Great Wolf Resorts on a proposed 500-bedroom hotel, indoor water park and ancillary leisure facilities on an adjoining site.
More information on the masterplan is available on https://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/leisureparkproposal
For enquiries about Basingstoke Leisure Park, please contact James Mercer, Development Manager.